Avram is renowned for his legal creativity and his ability to solve and resolve the most unique and challenging cases. He acts for banks and financial institutions in the most complex workouts and is known to be practical and result oriented. He also has a wide range of commercial clients in the real estate, textile and manufacturing industries. He is active in bankruptcy and restructuring matters and has been one of the lead counsel in the matter of Castor Holdings Ltd., one of the largest bankruptcies in the Province of Quebec. He was one of the lead counsel for bondholders in the corporate take-over case involving the $52 billion LBO of BCE Inc. Other significant recent insolvency mandates include representation of major aircraft lessors in the restructuring of Air Canada, representation of the major secured creditor of Dominion Metal and Refining Works Ltd., representation of the Receiver to the Norshield group of companies, and representation of an accounting firm sued in a class action arising out of the insolvency of Mount Real Corporation.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring
- Financing and Secured Lending
- Commercial Transactions
- McGill University (L.L.B., 1978; B.C.L. 1972; BA, 1969)
- Université D'Aix-Marseilles, Aix en Provence, France.
- Lecturer, Bankruptcy, Quebec Bar School, 1978.
- Speaker, Canadian Institute of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals
- Speaker, Insolvency Institute of Canada
- Speaker, Lord Reading Law Society
- Province of Quebec, Canadian Bar Association
- Insolvency Institute of Canada
- Lord Reading Law Society