Our expertise in secured financing and lending transactions as well as in litigation and insolvency matters allows us to identify potential issues regarding realization of security, and implement solutions that remain effective in situations of all type.
We provide guidance at every phase of debt recovery and security realization, including:
- advising clients with respect to enforceability of security and improving their security position;
- terminating the lending relationship;
- drafting various agreements that allow time for out-of-court restructuring and monitoring of the borrower’s operations, including forbearance agreements;
- issuing any necessary demands and notices;
- coordinating effective realization of security with other creditors, and advising clients regarding priorities between creditors;
acting for clients in unsecured debt recovery matters of all types, including obtaining judgment and working with bailiffs for judgment enforcement; and
- obtaining the voluntary or forced surrender of property and advising clients with respect to receivership proceedings, and proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies' Creditor Arrangement Act as a mechanism for realization.