Nicolas' practice includes all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, banking law, and corporate restructuring and insolvency.
He regularly advises and represents banks and financial institutions, both on the lending side and in enforcing security. He has extensive experience drafting and realizing on security agreements, negotiating standstill agreements and dealing with various financing-related issues. He acts in matters of corporate reorganizations, arrangements, bankruptcies, receiverships and other forms of liquidation of assets, in Quebec-based, national and cross-border proceedings, where he represents debtors, secured lenders, court-appointed officers and other stakeholders. He has experience in class action litigation and has been involved in complex matters involving financial fraud and auditors’ liability.
He frequently gives presentations to banking and insolvency practitioners and conducts training sessions in these areas.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring
- Financing and Secured Lending
- Commercial Transactions
- McGill University (B.C.L./LL.B., with great distinction, 2008)
- Maastricht University (Academic Exchange, 2007)
- Université Laval (Diploma in Philosophy, 2004)
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Wainwright Essay Prize in Civil Law, 2006-2007
- Turnaround Management Association
- Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
- Young Bar of Montréal
- Lord Reading Law Society