FFMP has an exciting opportunity for a paralegal who wish to join our legal family. As a member of the team, you will play a key role in managing the corporate documents of our clients. This is an excellent opportunity for a paralegal who is looking for a new challenge in corporate law within a growing team.
You will be working closely with lawyers, other paralegals as well as legal administrative assistants to deliver quality legal services to our clients. You will be involved mostly with the following legal tasks:
What You’ll Do
- Assisting with the maintenance of corporations and partnerships’ Québec registrations, including the preparation and filing of declarations and other forms with the Registraire des entreprises du Québec.
- Conducting corporate searches, certificates of status, and other public record searches
- Preparing annual and other routine resolutions.
- Review and maintenance of corporate minute books.
- Requesting copies of legal documents.
- Assisting lawyers with financing transactions.
- Trademark registrations.
- Preparing corporate documents such as incorporation, amalgamation, amendments and dissolution, and revival of provincial and federal entities.
- Handling client inquiries and various other day-to-day corporate-related tasks.
What You Bring
You are a team player with a flexible and positive attitude, have the ability to establish priorities, and can work well under pressure. In addition, this position requires an individual with excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills in both French and English. You embrace evolving technology and have strong computer skills. Prior experience in corporate law is not required but would be considered an asset.
- Proof-reading and translation in English and French (oral and written)
- Management of files
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Speech Exec transcription software, or other similar software
FFMP Offers You
Paralegals play a vital role in our team. At FFMP, we thrive on collaboration and know that working together means we can offer more creative and innovative solutions to our clients. We promote continuous career development through mentorship and training.
Our firm members are passionate about teamwork, and creative problem-solving and are dedicated to helping our clients succeed.
At FFMP, we value diversity and inclusion and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities to all. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience.
Connect With Us
If you are ready to take your next career step with us, we want to hear from you.
Please email your complete application (cover letter and résumé) to firstname.lastname@example.org.